School and Parish History
The Sisters of Mercy, who have shaped its growth and development for over 110 years, founded St. Joseph’s school in 1889. The Sisters maintained a presence in the school until the end of 1997 and in so doing, remained a visible sign of our school’s historic mission of giving the best possible Catholic education. Without their dedication and commitment, the school would not be what it is today. Our school continues in the fine tradition laid down for us by the Sisters.